Shop for Personalized Children Books at ISeeMe.com!

Monday, April 6, 2009

From Boomers to Bloggers - Book Review

by Dan Keller

I just finished reading "From Boomer to Blogger: Success Strategies Across Generations" by Misti Burmeister. As the owner of a job board that caters to teens and college students, I am always looking for new books to read in this niche. I was very impressed with this offering as it covers the topic in a unique and refreshing way.

As the title suggests, this book is about dealing with different generations in the workforce setting. I have worked with many different types of people from a variety of different backgrounds and ages and there are some real differences in how they communicate.

What I like about this book is that the author provides real solutions to help break down barriers and increase communication between more established workers and those that are just entering the workforce. This resource is written is a very easy to understand conversational style. When I picked up the book, I read it from cover to cover. Misti Burmeister is a great story teller and through her stories and real life examples she conveys important lessons and techniques. This book is inspirational and will help those that read it achieve better communication skills in the workplace. I learned a great deal from this book.

In closing, I would recommend this to all high school and college students as a great introduction to the world of work and how to effectively interact with co workers and managers. I would also recommend this to seasoned corporate managers as there are great strategies and insight into dealing with the new generation of workers.

Dan Keller is the CEO of the popular Teen Jobs site and also runs a site that focuses on blogging


No comments:

Post a Comment